-
February 4th, 2002, 06:46 PM
#1
tfunch24
Guest
Hello,
My Gaf 1388 dual 8 projector recently broke down. The problem lies in one of the sprockets that rotate the takeup reel's spindle. There are two sprockets involved in rotating the takeup reel spindle--the first sprocket, which has a rubber belt on it that makes direct contact with the second sprocket. The second sprocket is connected directly to the takeup reel spindle. Therefore, when the projector motor is switched on, the first sprocket turns, rotating the takeup reel spindle.
In my case, the rubber belt on the first sprocket wore out and fell off. I've tried reattaching it to no avail. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement for this belt? Would a trip to the local hardware store solve my problem?
I know my description of the problem sounds confusing. I can post some photos of the sprockets if that will help.
Can anyone be of assistance? My apologies if this request is off-topic for this board.
------------------
-
February 4th, 2002, 11:03 PM
#2
MovieStuff
Guest
I assume you mean "rollers" as the GAFs use no sprockets. I have these projectors all over the place. If you send me some photos I probably have the part you need. These units are easy to fix. Or you can ship it to me and I'll fix it for you. My email is
[email protected]
Roger
------------------
Roger Evans
MovieStuff
http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html
-
February 10th, 2002, 09:25 PM
#3
tfunch24
Guest
Hello Roger,
You're right; I assumed "rollers" when I wrote "sprockets." In any case, here are two photos illustrating what's wrong with the projector. As you can see in both photos, the rubber belt on the gray roller has worn off. When I switch the projector motor on, the gray roller spins but fails to make contact with the black roller, thus rendering the takeup reel's spindle inert. I can fix the unit myself if you can send me the parts. Of course, I'll pay for the parts and S&H.
As I understand it, it's just a matter of reattaching the belt (or whatever was used to make contact) to the gray roller. Am I correct?
Please email me with any questions you may have at your convenience.
Thank you,
Tom
------------------
-
February 10th, 2002, 09:26 PM
#4
tfunch24
Guest
Hello Roger,
You're right; I assumed "rollers" when I wrote "sprockets." In any case, here are two photos illustrating what's wrong with the projector. The rubber belt on the gray roller has worn off. When I switch the projector motor on, the gray roller spins but fails to make contact with the black roller, thus rendering the takeup reel's spindle inert. I can fix the unit myself if you can send me the parts. Of course, I'll pay for the parts and S&H.
As I understand it, it's just a matter of reattaching the belt (or whatever was used to make contact) to the gray roller. Am I correct?
Please email me with any questions you may have at your convenience.
Thank you,
Tom
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks